Question Does the USB-C port allow charging on Helios Predator 300 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando Pulido

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2013
So the laptop manual is confusing, it only says this about the USB-C port:

USB 3.2 Gen 2 with transfer speeds up to 10 gbps
Delivers up to 3A at 5V DC for USB charging

Thats it.

I'm going on a flight and I know the Predator has a very short battery life span so I want to get a high capacity power bank to use on the plane, but most chargers use the USB-C port to charge. I don't want to waste money on something that won't work at all. Does anybody have any idea? Or even what power bank to get thats not USB-C ?

So the laptop manual is confusing, it only says this about the USB-C port:

USB 3.2 Gen 2 with transfer speeds up to 10 gbps
Delivers up to 3A at 5V DC for USB charging

Thats it.

I'm going on a flight and I know the Predator has a very short battery life span so I want to get a high capacity power bank to use on the plane, but most chargers use the USB-C port to charge. I don't want to waste money on something that won't work at all. Does anybody have any idea? Or even what power bank to get thats not USB-C ?

To run that laptop you would need basically a UPS with a car battery to power it. It uses a 180 watt power supply.

Right now the max USB C power (never mind the fact your laptop does not charge through USB C) is 100 watts.

Bring a tablet along to watch / read things on or use your phone. Or drop the screen brightness and max power on the laptop to extend battery life.

Reactions: Fernando Pulido
Status
Not open for further replies.