[SOLVED] Does Thermaltake litepower 650w work for GTX 1070?

Mar 15, 2020
So I had recently built a PC
Spec are listed at below
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Mobo: Gigabyte A320M-2sh
Ram: Kingston 16gb value ram
GPU: Sapphire RX580
PSU: Thermaltake litepower 650w
SSD: Crucial 240gb

So I plan to upgrade my GPU to GTX 1070, but I don't know if the power supply is good enough for that since I got a lots of mixed review
The question will it work fine without upgrading my PSU?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Questionable. Per the specs, it's enough for your newer graphics card. Per the reviews, it may not live up to it's specs. However, the power requirements are not too different between the two card. If your power supply could handle the RX 580, then it should also handle the GTX 1070.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: King_V
Mar 15, 2020
Questionable. Per the specs, it's enough for your newer graphics card. Per the reviews, it may not live up to it's specs. However, the power requirements are not too different between the two card. If your power supply could handle the RX 580, then it should also handle the GTX 1070.

-Wolf sends
Oh thx for your fast reply
Means that I could swap another graphic card without upgrading it right?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Oh thx for your fast reply
Means that I could swap another graphic card without upgrading it right?

Yes, you could, but there is no telling of it's reliability. It might last you weeks, months or even years. It might also die before finishing your reply to this post. There really isn't any telling. $80 to $100 on a new, quality power supply wouldn't be a bad investment, but I won't say it's necessary.

-Wolf sends

Mar 15, 2020
Yes, you could, but there is no telling of it's reliability. It might last you weeks, months or even years. It might also die before finishing your reply to this post. There really isn't any telling. $80 to $100 on a new, quality power supply wouldn't be a bad investment, but I won't say it's necessary.

-Wolf sends
So it depends on my luck is that what are u telling me?
Btw if I swap another GPU without upgrading my PSU
If something went wrong will it damage my other components?

Wolfshadw

Titan
So it depends on my luck is that what are u telling me?

That's exactly right. A better power supply will lessen the chance of failure, but even the best power supply can fail.

Btw if I swap another GPU without upgrading my PSU If something went wrong will it damage my other components?

It's quite possible, but again, that would be up to the luck of the draw.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: King_V
Solution