Does this 4770 have fan control?

demonnn

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
http://www.pureoverclock.com/review.php?id=744&page=17

this page says it has:

"A quick word about temperatures as it relates to noise: when the fan is left at Auto setting, the temperatures don't get terribly high and the fan stays relatively quiet. However, when the fan is on full tilt, is is certainly audible, but it is noticeably quieter than a Radeon 4850 or 4870 which tend to sound like hair dryers in your case. There is a balance to be found between noise levels and temperature performance, and we found that if you manually set the fans to approximately 35% speed at most then this seems to be a reasonable compromise. "

Well, I sit corrected;)
The review pictures clearly show the same card, with the same dual wire connector and they also state, quite clearly the fan has speed control.
Time to get out the salt and pepper for the slice of humble pie I have prepared for myself.
It is so nice to be wrong:(
But I would suggest you wait until others chip in with their replies, I'm still sure a variable speed fan needs three wires to work!

demonnn

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
I got 4770 yesterday. It does have fan control .

I can hear the fan getting noisier when I raise the speed.

BUT

the fan runs at 32% 40c idle , when I enable automatic fan control and raise the fan to 60% it doesn't lower any temps , but i can hear the noise, so the fan is actually faster rpm but it's not cooling...

This is a minor problem since the temps are great even at 32% , but I just want to know why it doesn't cool .

ps. my pc with this card sounds like it isn't turned on :D.