does this adapter support 2560x1440? Philips Display Port to HDMI Adapter

Aug 21, 2018
I was fortunate enough to get an oculus rift for christmas! Unfortunately I have a RTX 2080Ti that only has one HDMI port and have heard the only way to use the oculus rift safely was to get a display port to HDMI adpater. I wanted to hopefully play the rift tomorrow and this is the only adapter near me that seems to support 4k. Unfortunately my monitor is 2560x1440 so I was wondering if this adapter would be compatible with my computer because it says it supports 1080 and 4k but says nothing about any other resolutions so I wanted to make sure it was compatible before I purchased it. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Also if it is not compatible any suggestions commonly found in Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you for the help and Happy Holidays!!!

Solution
Yes, when you play in 4k the HDMI cable needs to transport more information than it needs to do when you're playing 1080p. That's why you need a cable that specifically indicated it can support 4k. Therefore your cable supports 2k. If it can transport the amount of information needed for 4k. It certainly suffices for 2k.
Dec 26, 2018
Yes, when you play in 4k the HDMI cable needs to transport more information than it needs to do when you're playing 1080p. That's why you need a cable that specifically indicated it can support 4k. Therefore your cable supports 2k. If it can transport the amount of information needed for 4k. It certainly suffices for 2k.

Solution
Aug 21, 2018

Thank you very much for the feedback!