[SOLVED] Does this build make a suitable hackintosh for dual booting? Gaming and workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

visianary

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
Hi, I'm working on my first build and I'm aiming to make a hackintosh and dual boot possibly with windows 8.1. I wanted to know if this build is doable for a hackintosh. Also I was originally considering using either an Maximus VI Formula or an ASRock Z87 Professional. However I'm not too sure on if the formula is worth its price considering what differences i notice and not sure if the ASRock is compatible and worth using over a Maximus VI Hero. I plan to use the build for gaming, and things such as video editing and so forth as i get more into them. I'm planning to overclock and I'm going to use water cooling (still working on the pieces I want to use since it'll be custom). This is my part list. Oh, and any suggestion regarding WC parts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help in advance. :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Solution
Hmmm.. if it's not too mcuh to add to the budget, consider getting a GTX 770. Only reason is that the 770's are the cheapest card that After Effects supports for CUDA acceleration. If you want to shell out more money, go for it. If not, my only other suggestion would be go the route of the 4GB MSI card, it's great for editing!

Cheers, and happy hackintoshing!

adumbbird13

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Maximus is much more easily compatible, yet pricier for sure. It is a little bit more durable for an overclock because it does have the ROG name.
You're looking good for compatibility if you stick with the Maximus. Very nice build for $1000, what sort of editing would you be doing though?

visianary

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014

Thanks :). As of now I do Photoshop, trying to get more into video editing with Premiere but i might venture and try other things. Once the build is set up i plan to try out After Effects since it caught my interest, I've also messed with Blender a little bit and tryin to learn a lil more on 3D from my friend. And on occasion along with friends and family, we mess around with music.

adumbbird13

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Hmmm.. if it's not too mcuh to add to the budget, consider getting a GTX 770. Only reason is that the 770's are the cheapest card that After Effects supports for CUDA acceleration. If you want to shell out more money, go for it. If not, my only other suggestion would be go the route of the 4GB MSI card, it's great for editing!

Cheers, and happy hackintoshing!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.