Does this build make sense???

Oct 17, 2018
I'm going to be building my first computer next week, and was hoping someone could take a look at the components I have picked out, and tell me if this will work together well?

Right now I'm just going to be gaming (AC Origins and Odyssey, ROTR, SOTR and games like that), watching videos, schoolwork, and stuff like that.

I've been reading things here, and put this together on PCPartpicker.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xFPNWD

I have a couple things from my old PC ,the HDD and the 500gb SSD. Those are going to be used for videos and stuff for school. And I've already got the 2080 and a 34" ultra wide screen monitor (3440x1440 100 hz)

So, will these components be good for gaming? Will the 8600k be good with the 2080? I've been saving for a year to buy what I need to build. And I'm hoping this will last me at least 4-5 years, (until I go to college)

lllk4

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
Hey, i was just looking at your part list and while i did not manually check if they were compatible with each other pc part picker would tell you if they were not. As far as the gaming rig goes i think that it is a very nice one that would work well. It does not appear that this has all of the water cooling parts that you need such as a pump i see that you have a water cooled cpu unit but nothing else im not great at water cooling but i would definitely look into that. Just a note while it is more then sufficient i always regreted not getting a i7 while its a little bit more if you want to upgrade it cost a lot more. Your definitely fine with what you have but i just though i would let you know.

You probably noticed this but when you insert a m.2 ssd it disables one of the sata ports your using one m.2 meaning you would have 5 instead of six

Oct 17, 2018

Yea, I'm going to be using 3 SATA drives, so I'm good with the SSD costing me one.

And I'm using an AIO, so I don't need a pump.

jay.wooster

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
To be honest your being too tight on the AIO for your CPU mate. From the quick look at it that i have had and the reviews i don't think it is going to give you what you need when overclocking the CPU. Look into a better model like the Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM for about $85or go for an Air Cooler like to Noctua D15 for a similar price, i was overclocking my 8700K to 4.8 on that air cooler.... Otherwise i like it, you may be able to play around with the Motherboard selection depending on what you want / need, this one has no USB 3.1

Are you buying all those fans in addition to the ones that come with with the case and the all-in-one cooler, or are you just re-listing the included ones there? The cooler has two 120mm fans on it, the case has two 200mm RGB fans in the front and one 140mm fan in the rear, and you have another five 120mm and two 200mm fans listed.

Oct 17, 2018

No, I'm buying 3 120s. There are 2 120s that come with the AIO, and the 2 200s that come with the case. I have a friend with the same case, and the fan that comes in the rear is really loud, so I'm replacing it