Does this CPU come with a fan or heatsink?

Renascention

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
I was looking at the Intel Core i7 4.0gHz Skylake (which is the one my friend got) and I noticed it said that the heatsink and fan were not included. So I was planning on buying Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz 8MB LGA1151 Skylake Boxed CP (http://www.msy.com.au/nswonline/cpu/16092-intel-bx80662i76700-core-i7-6700-34ghz-8mb-lga1151-skylake-boxed-cpu.html) and I was wondering if this came with it.

Solution
I just looked on Newegg and from other articles I've read, the K series processors do NOT come with heatsink and fan, but all other NON K processors do come with the heatsink and fan. As for me, even if I did buy a non K processor, I wouldn't use the stock heatsink/fan and would buy something like the Coolermaster 212 EVO, it's only about $30 US and works pretty damn good for the price. If you can't scrape up $30 when building a new PC, you should wait a week and try again.

Renascention

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
My friend has the 4.0ghz one and that one specifically said it didn't come with a heatsink or cooler. This one doesn't specifically say that so I have a smudge of hope that it does.

mcconkeymike

Distinguished
I just looked on Newegg and from other articles I've read, the K series processors do NOT come with heatsink and fan, but all other NON K processors do come with the heatsink and fan. As for me, even if I did buy a non K processor, I wouldn't use the stock heatsink/fan and would buy something like the Coolermaster 212 EVO, it's only about $30 US and works pretty damn good for the price. If you can't scrape up $30 when building a new PC, you should wait a week and try again.

Solution