Does this GTX 750TI look suspect to anyone?

Solution

PCI Express should be backwards compatable, 3.0 theoretically should work in 2.0 and 1.0/1.1 systems. Save for the 10 series and the uefi bios.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJVXhwTv3RU
970 on 3 systems, different cpu speeds and pci express

Theoretically should lose 10% of the framerate from x16 to x4 bandwidth x16 1.0 = x8 2.0 = x4 3.0

If you use a 1x link like some of the eGPU kits for laptops you really take a hit in frames compared to a desktop, but still much better than most laptop graphics...

Xondervul

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016

Yes I know that but oddly enough in the item description down below it states that it's GDDR5. Strange. Could've just been a typo.

Xondervul

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016

Really? Can you provide a link or two if it's not too much trouble? I tried looking for some videos on this thing myself but had no luck. :(

Xondervul

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016

How do you know? I couldn't find any branding anywhere. xD

Edit: Hmm, interesting. So what, did this seller just happen to buy these in bulk and now seliing them off dirt cheap?

Chinese selling site with questionable ratings, a new site this year, and questionable customer ratings with what appears to be spam accounts. Too many similar praise comments to get a 100% rating with only 91 items sold since the account was opened in Feb. this year. Follow your nose.

And look at the ratings on this item (the two there sound way too familiar - and the fact it references four customer ratings while only having two is further suspect). Chinese resellers are well known for spamming eBay with new accounts and rotating them with junk which is nothing like what is advertised (example being something like a VERY old GTX 260 being sold as as an old GTX 660). This is nothing new. Plenty of info out there on fraudulent video cards being sold by Chinese scammers.

Run from this. Don't even think about it. Go with a long term reputable seller. Check Amazon too.

kraelic

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006
97 watchers. 33 sold, more than 10 available. 91 feedback and joined feb 2017. Price is a bit too low to be believable, IMO. I mean I think it is a fair price, but people go nuts selling old stuff anymore with their asking prices.

If you have a uefi system, a 1030GT is the same level of performance. Newegg on ebay has them for $76

boju

Titan
Ambassador
It might be legit, it's hard to tell, DDR5 would be just a type, it's same memory as gddr5 just used for gpu. Out of 33 sold you would think there'd be bunch of complaints and Ebay taking action if indeed counterfeits. I don't think you can fudge how many have been sold info?

If it doesn't sit right don't go ahead, albeit look for 2GB version if you can.

Perhaps go for a 1050ti instead.

Xondervul

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016

Nooo, it's def not a UEFI system. xD I was planning to throw it into an old Compaq desktop I have. I got a GT 730 in right now that I purchased on newegg a few years ago for about 40-50 bucks. It works pretty good but it's only 64bit interface and was looking to upgrade it to something with at least a 128bit interface. A GT 1030 seems like a good upgrade, however the mobo only has a PCIE x16 1.1 slot. So would a newer 3.0 card suffer a decrease in performance?

Xondervul

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016

I would but the thing is I don't want to spend anymore than $60 xD I may go up to $70 but that's as high as I'll go.

Classic China scam to make their spoof buyer accounts look more valid. All they do is sell to each other and the product goes nowhere. The same scammer! Oh, and these scammers flood bank accounts with counterfeit US dollars, so it's no money lost to them between fake transactions to fluff up numbers.

Xondervul

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016

Wow, that's f'd up!

ARICH5

Distinguished

its legit. scroll down the OP link. theres a pic of cpu-z.

Xondervul

Reputable
Sep 29, 2016

They could've taken the image from somewhere else though.

kraelic

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006

You can believe it if you want, I would not want to go through the hassle of a refund after waiting 2 to 4 weeks shipping to get it in and test to see what it really is.

I have a contact for some beachfront property in Arizona, if you are interested ;-)

kraelic

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006

PCI Express should be backwards compatable, 3.0 theoretically should work in 2.0 and 1.0/1.1 systems. Save for the 10 series and the uefi bios.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJVXhwTv3RU
970 on 3 systems, different cpu speeds and pci express

Theoretically should lose 10% of the framerate from x16 to x4 bandwidth x16 1.0 = x8 2.0 = x4 3.0

If you use a 1x link like some of the eGPU kits for laptops you really take a hit in frames compared to a desktop, but still much better than most laptop graphics...

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

Me and my 5 accounts, and my 5 'associates', each with their own 5 accounts....easily crank up triple digit 'buy it now' sales over a couple of months.
Then put up for public auction, with a history of "hundreds".

Yes, people are that devious.