[SOLVED] Does this HDD fit where an SSD should go in my case?

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
Hi!

So, I dont have space left in my case for an extra 3.5inch HDD. So I've found this HDD for 46 euro's here in Belgium it has 1TB HDD. So I was wondering if this has the same size as an SSD so I can make it fit in my case where an ssd should go. I have a very old HDD that's the same size as an SSD but it was so slow that it was impossible to put games on that thing.So I just removed it out of my case. So is this possible or not?

Thanks! :)

So I was wondering if this has the same size as an SSD so I can make it fit in my case where an ssd should go. I have a very old HDD that's the same size as an SSD but it was so slow that it was impossible to put games on that thing.So I just removed it out of my case.
It's probably worth noting that any 2.5" 5400RPM laptop drive will tend to be slower than a modern desktop drive, due the small size of the platter and relatively slow rotation speed (compared to a 7200 RPM drive). Was the old drive also a 1TB model? If so, the new one might not be much faster.

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
It's probably worth noting that any 2.5" 5400RPM laptop drive will tend to be slower than a modern desktop drive, due the small size of the platter and relatively slow rotation speed (compared to a 7200 RPM drive). Was the old drive also a 1TB model? If so, the new one might not be much faster.
But is it ok just to run games on it? It's not for my OS, My windows 10 is running on an M.2 ssd. The old one was a 120GB model. As I said it is an old on I used to use for the PS3 xd