[SOLVED] Does this laptop support extra memory sticks?

Solution
from what ive just read, as i do not know anything about ti as its extremely "dated" but yes the Intel Pentium 3556 Processor can support up to 16 gb of memory max, as does that laptop.. its actual memory not virtual. but if i can suggest she upgrade, id say now is the best time to do so with all the sales. she wouldnt know how to act if she had a SSD for a boot drive and even just 8gb of memory with a modern CPU lol

but to answer your question yes you can upgrade the 4gb of memory, processor supports 2 channels max, and im assuming the motherboard only has 2 channels, so find a set of ddr3 2 x 8 or 2 x 4 to upgrade. Cheers!

MrSix18

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
from what ive just read, as i do not know anything about ti as its extremely "dated" but yes the Intel Pentium 3556 Processor can support up to 16 gb of memory max, as does that laptop.. its actual memory not virtual. but if i can suggest she upgrade, id say now is the best time to do so with all the sales. she wouldnt know how to act if she had a SSD for a boot drive and even just 8gb of memory with a modern CPU lol

but to answer your question yes you can upgrade the 4gb of memory, processor supports 2 channels max, and im assuming the motherboard only has 2 channels, so find a set of ddr3 2 x 8 or 2 x 4 to upgrade. Cheers!

Solution