Question Does this look healthy?

SoumithCS

Reputable
Oct 6, 2020
Uhh in bottom of the pic, it is written that GPU overvoltage limit was reached. That means it has reached the maximum voltage for overclocking the GPU. And it reached highest over voltage rated and permitted by Nvidia. If you just want to use your RTX 3070Ti as a substitute for your home grill you can overvolt more. (Please don't over volt that baby she is precious and magnificent)

Reactions: BlookyDJ

NzSkux

Prominent
Jul 5, 2021
Uhh in bottom of the pic, it is written that GPU overvoltage limit was reached. That means it has reached the maximum voltage for overclocking the GPU. And it reached highest over voltage rated and permitted by Nvidia. If you just want to use your RTX 3070Ti as a substitute for your home grill you can overvolt more. (Please don't over volt that baby she is precious and magnificent)
I haven’t done any overvolting at all. This is all default. Hence why I’m asking, should I look into undervolting?

SoumithCS

Reputable
Oct 6, 2020
Ohh so the Nvidia GPU Boost has done the maximum "overclocking" itself to a stable and highest overclock possible. I don't have much knowledge about overclocking or overvolting. I would recommend you to ask a Moderator or a experienced member if you are interested in stuff like these.

NzSkux

Prominent
Jul 5, 2021
Ohh so the Nvidia GPU Boost has done the maximum "overclocking" itself to a stable and highest overclock possible. I don't have much knowledge about overclocking or overvolting. I would recommend you to ask a Moderator or a experienced member if you are interested in stuff like these.
I didn’t activate any overclocking, however, I have the OC gaming version so is it default?

I do have my CPU overclocked, could it be a poor power supply? I just want stability, not really overclocked gpu.

I disabled the cpu overclock and the voltage stuff isn’t showing now, just saying it reached power limit. So I assume I need a better psu if I am wanting to overclock my cpu?

Ryzen 5600x
Gigabyte OC Gaming 3070 21H1
ASUS Prime B550M-K
Windows 10
G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz CL18
MX500 512GB SSD
Samsung Evo 870 1TB
EVGA 700 GD 700W 80+ Gold Power supply

Last edited:

SoumithCS

Reputable
Oct 6, 2020
I might suggest you to buy a PSU of 850W with a Gold standard Certification if you want to overclock both CPU and GPU. Because the 3070 gets too much power hungry and utilizes 267-300W when you perform any stress test on GPU or if you do any rendering work. Can you please tell what issues you are facing with your GPU. It might help in resolving the problem sooner. I have provided a video link. Compare your card performance with the GPU in the video.
Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC Performance and Power Data sheet

NzSkux

Prominent
Jul 5, 2021
I might suggest you to buy a PSU of 850W with a Gold standard Certification if you want to overclock both CPU and GPU. Because the 3070 gets too much power hungry and utilizes 267-300W when you perform any stress test on GPU or if you do any rendering work. Can you please tell what issues you are facing with your GPU. It might help in resolving the problem sooner. I have provided a video link. Compare your card performance with the GPU in the video.
Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC Performance and Power Data sheet

Hi I don’t particularly want to overclock the gpu. It seems it was overclocking itself. I might undervolt the card for now.
I have just properly read the print out in my post and didn’t see it has been overclocking itself. I’m gonna set a limit in afterburner to boost clocks.

Last edited: