Does This Look Like A Good Build?

SpeedTrainer

Honorable
Mar 19, 2016
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/BXXFd6

I have all the parts already except for the motherboard and video card. Does the video card seem to be a good fit with the cpu and rest of the system? Also, do you think the motherboard will work well with everything? Any drawback to gaming with that motherboard? And will it be fully compatible with the case so all the fans will connect properly? Thanks.

Solution
1) Yes a 380 and an i5 will be a good match. That card is pretty small though so it will probably have heat issues.
2) The motherboard *should* work with everything. The only possibly issue I can forsee is that for awhile Haswell refresh CPUs (like the 4460) could only run on H81 chipsets after a BIOS flash. However it's been long enough that I can't imagine any pre-refresh boards are still lying around. Still it is always possible and worth mentioning. You could go for an H97 like the Asrock for a few dollars more just in case.
3) Yes it should handle all your fans. I see two system fan headers in addition to the CPU fan. And it should fit in the case fine.
1) Yes a 380 and an i5 will be a good match. That card is pretty small though so it will probably have heat issues.
2) The motherboard *should* work with everything. The only possibly issue I can forsee is that for awhile Haswell refresh CPUs (like the 4460) could only run on H81 chipsets after a BIOS flash. However it's been long enough that I can't imagine any pre-refresh boards are still lying around. Still it is always possible and worth mentioning. You could go for an H97 like the Asrock for a few dollars more just in case.
3) Yes it should handle all your fans. I see two system fan headers in addition to the CPU fan. And it should fit in the case fine.

Solution

partytime1230

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
Get a different motherboard for sure. That edition of the MSI board is not good at all. I just got the itx version of it that was DOA, and mine was one of many cases. Graphics card looks good, though I always prefer nvidia.

SpeedTrainer

Honorable
Mar 19, 2016

Is it just in general that smaller video cards have heat problems or is brand a factor? You think I should not get it? Can you recommend me the cheapest H97 that will work with my build and also support my 2 case fans?

It's not the brand (I like Sapphire a lot, my current system has one of their cards), it's the fact that a small card has a small heatsink and a small fan, and it is harder to dissipate heat. But the reviews all claim it's pretty cool and quiet, so I suppose it's doable. At $15 below the next cheapest 380 I guess it's worth a shot.

For a cheap H97 board I can personally recommend the H97M Anniversary. I use one in my build. http://pcpartpicker.com/product/YDrG3C/asrock-motherboard-h97manniversary

It's the cheapest H97 board out there. It only has 1 system fan header, but you can buy a 4-pin molex to 3-pin fan adapter for $2 on Newegg.