does this looks fake ?

the_metal

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
I've bought a sapphire r9 270 11220-00-CPO GPU and it will arrive in a week or so. I've noticed later :)pfff:) that it looks suspiciously way over clean for a used GPU. What do you think ?
wDC1K3k

mG4hxlT

gdv2zS5

Thanks guys.

Solution
Some people take care of their things. I personally dust and clean used things I sell, would not be surprised if others did too.

Only way you can tell is to benchmark it and see if it performs like you would expect a card of that model to perform.

salerhino

Reputable
Mar 16, 2016

Well, it looks very nice, from pics I and probably we can't say if it's fake, maybe coolers are changed tho or seller did clean them really well. Other than that no fake signs for me at least

nzalog

Respectable
BANNED
Jan 2, 2017
Some people take care of their things. I personally dust and clean used things I sell, would not be surprised if others did too.

Only way you can tell is to benchmark it and see if it performs like you would expect a card of that model to perform.

Solution
Nothing suspicious here, the owner simply cleaned it thoroughly from dust, if it was present. Graphics cards can and actually IMO *should* always be sold clean if their owner wants to sell them easier, not only because they look better on pictures but also because the next owner won't have immediate overheating issues due to dust buildup.

On the other hand, "used" can also mean that the person used it only once or for a couple of days. It would be very hard to distinguish a card used in such way from a new one.

the_metal

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009

I'm very thankful to you guys. I was very happy when I bought it, but suspicions started to rise and it ruined my happiness. But now I'm more than happy that I've bought it. I'll make sure to benchmark it the second I get my hands on it ;)