[SOLVED] Does this motherboard fit in this case?

The_4_

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2016
I recently made this topic regarding my questions for upgrading my rig. You can see that I already chose the personal best answer regarding the spec upgrades. If you require to check that out, please go ahead.

I am planning to upgrade from this motherboard:

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-TUF-B360M-PLUS-Motherboard-LGA1151/dp/B07BVZXYNR

24.4 × 24.4cm

To this motherboard:

https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B09RMQ39QW
Gigabyte B660 GAMING X DDR4 €159,00

30.5 x 24.4cm

But my question now is; does the motherboard fit in this case that I currently own:

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Carbide-SPEC-DELTA-Mid-Tower-Tempered/dp/B07KGSJRC3?th=1

Please let me know if you have the knowledge

Last edited:
Solution
Edit: I found out the case does support ATX factor motherboards, so does it mean it will fit in?

Bingo!

Many cases will fit a multitude of motherboard form unless the form is bigger than the case, or sometimes in the instance of budget cases. ATX cases often fit the smaller Micro and ITX motherboards so long as the manufacturer took the time to drill a few more holes and include some standoffs.

The height factor of the case being mid tower 'generally' has to do with how many PCI slots are available on the back. It can have to do with extended motherboard forms as well, such as in the case of what is often called "full" tower. They are taller (or shorter) based on that.

The_4_

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2016
The links you provide answer your own question. Read the descriptions closely.

IE, what form factor is the outgoing mobo? The new one?
What form factor is the case?
Well I don't know a lot about this kind of stuff, hence is why I am here. The old mobo says Micro ATX, the new one says ATX and my case says MID Tower as a factor.
So what does this mean exactly?

Edit: I found out the case does support ATX factor motherboards, so does it mean it will fit in?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Well I don't know a lot about this kind of stuff, hence is why I am here. The old mobo says Micro ATX, the new one says ATX and my case says MID Tower as a factor.
So what does this mean exactly?

What other descriptor does it give after Mid Tower? Mid tower is more a description of the height size form of the case itself, not of the compatible form factor for the motherboard type, or power supply for that matter.

Check the manufacturer website, it has more specific information:
Carbide Series SPEC-DELTA RGB Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Case — Black (corsair.com)

You may find this helpful:
📋 Types of Motherboard Form Factors | Lanner (lanner-america.com)

Please don't take my replies as being short or 'smart'. Just trying to help you realize what you are looking for here.

Reactions: The_4_

The_4_

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2016
What other descriptor does it give after Mid Tower? Mid tower is more a description of the height size form of the case itself, not of the compatible form factor for the motherboard type, or power supply for that matter.

Check the manufacturer website, it has more specific information:
Carbide Series SPEC-DELTA RGB Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Case — Black (corsair.com)
The case says this:

zJy5nBl.png

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

Bingo!

Many cases will fit a multitude of motherboard form unless the form is bigger than the case, or sometimes in the instance of budget cases. ATX cases often fit the smaller Micro and ITX motherboards so long as the manufacturer took the time to drill a few more holes and include some standoffs.

The height factor of the case being mid tower 'generally' has to do with how many PCI slots are available on the back. It can have to do with extended motherboard forms as well, such as in the case of what is often called "full" tower. They are taller (or shorter) based on that.

Reactions: The_4_
Solution