Does this motherboard have wifi on it already?

jaytwonine02

Commendable
Apr 2, 2018
Hi I am looking to buy the MSI Pro Solution Intel Z170A and I want to know if it would auto detect wifi. My current motherboard requires an ethernet cable, so I want to upgrade it. On the specs it says under "Lan/Wifi" RTL8111H GB LAN. Does this mean that it could connect to wifi without an ethernet cable? Also, it says that it supports pentiums, i3's, i5's and i7's. I have an intel i5 4570 and am going to buy an evga geforce gtx 1050ti. Could this processor handle this gpu?

Solution
Your Current i5 4570 is NOT compatible witht he Z170 Mainboard.
Everty Z170 Motherboard does only support Intel 6XXX and 7XXX Series Processors.

So if you wanna go with this Mainboard then you will also need a new CPU and new RAM since the newer platform does use DDR4 instead of DDR3.
Your Current i5 4570 is NOT compatible witht he Z170 Mainboard.
Everty Z170 Motherboard does only support Intel 6XXX and 7XXX Series Processors.

So if you wanna go with this Mainboard then you will also need a new CPU and new RAM since the newer platform does use DDR4 instead of DDR3.

Solution

It's wired only. Just buy an external wifi adapter or internal wifi card. Also no point at all in getting a Z170 board if you are upgrading since the new 8000 series i5's simply beat the I7 7700k (which is the best your can get for a z170 with updated bios) and are cheaper.