[SOLVED] Does this motherboard still works if i replace soutgbridge chip??

Solution
In 5th board photo VRAM chip model is clearly visible: Elpida H4032BABG-60-F. From chip specs we see that these are GDDR5 chips with 6 Gbps data transfer rate. GPU (N16P-GT-A2) is GTX950M by the way. Seems all is correct.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
IDK your solder skills you do.
the brown PCB is a damage indicator, I see surface mounted circuitry that is not longer in place that would need to be moved. can you do the work yourself? do you have the skills? if not you'll end up paying someone who can that will be more costly than a replacement board, hence my suggestion to replace with a known working undamaged unit.
what liquid was that? was it electrically conductive? if it was chances are damage spread to any of the contacts the (I'm guessing) milk was touching indicating further hidden damage that will only be apparent after the visible repairs are made. IDK how deep this particular rabbit hole goes but I do know the quickest way to fix that is replacement.

aidin0181

Commendable
Mar 11, 2018
IDK your solder skills you do.
the brown PCB is a damage indicator, I see surface mounted circuitry that is not longer in place that would need to be moved. can you do the work yourself? do you have the skills? if not you'll end up paying someone who can that will be more costly than a replacement board, hence my suggestion to replace with a known working undamaged unit.
what liquid was that? was it electrically conductive? if it was chances are damage spread to any of the contacts the (I'm guessing) milk was touching indicating further hidden damage that will only be apparent after the visible repairs are made. IDK how deep this particular rabbit hole goes but I do know the quickest way to fix that is replacement.

well, no one here wanted to replace it cause of it's risks.so i decided to change it by myself. i just didn't figure it out that the chip was covered by glue. the heat was on 400 celcius. but nothing from board has been destroyed. i used fluks for heating.i do have some skills. btw, i didn't figure out what you mean by replacing new undamaged one?? you mean the hole board? or just the bga chip??if you mean bga chip, i'll get a new one.its sr2c4 hm170 chipset.

Did you heated old Southbridge chip with lighter? Ouch! Yes, that board is properly fried and must be replaced in whole. At least you can salvage other chips and SMD parts for further repairs.

The thing is, large BGA chip soldering require board preheating with temperature control. That is the only way how to get them off board with no damage to board and other components around. Require proper BGA soldering stand with preheating, hot air gun, proper flux, soldering balls, stencils etc. Worth to have if you are in electronics repair bussiness. Otherwise take your board to service - they will replace faulty chips(s) for appropriate price.

aidin0181

Commendable
Mar 11, 2018
Did you heated old Southbridge chip with lighter? Ouch! Yes, that board is properly fried and must be replaced in whole. At least you can salvage other chips and SMD parts for further repairs.

The thing is, large BGA chip soldering require board preheating with temperature control. That is the only way how to get them off board with no damage to board and other components around. Require proper BGA soldering stand with preheating, hot air gun, proper flux, soldering balls, stencils etc. Worth to have if you are in electronics repair bussiness. Otherwise take your board to service - they will replace faulty chips(s) for appropriate price.
no one here wana touch this.they says there is no chance to make this alive.anyway.... i'm thinking about buying a dead motherboard like this one (just cpu or gpu broken one) and replace change this cpu or gpu with other one.sounds like zero chance. but another way is that i can buy a new one motherboard like this with weaker cpu and gpu and reolace change them with this one, the problem here is that no company mentiones about the motherboard chipset, so i can check if it's compatible. ebay just copy paste all mother oards from aliexpress and no sign of chipset details.looks like i'm stucked. 😐☹

no one here wana touch this.they says there is no chance to make this alive.anyway.... i'm thinking about buying a dead motherboard like this one (just cpu or gpu broken one) and replace change this cpu or gpu with other one.sounds like zero chance. but another way is that i can buy a new one motherboard like this with weaker cpu and gpu and reolace change them with this one, the problem here is that no company mentiones about the motherboard chipset, so i can check if it's compatible. ebay just copy paste all mother oards from aliexpress and no sign of chipset details.looks like i'm stucked. 😐☹

As guy above said - repairman didn't wanted to charge you for nothing. This board is borked for good. New board you need.

If you wish to have a board with more powerful CPU/GPU, do a research first - learn if your desired board definitely does match with your current laptop model. Otherwise you will require to purchase at least proper laptop case.

aidin0181

Commendable
Mar 11, 2018
Because they are honest.

That board is dead. They don't want to charge

well, i have searched ebay, ebay just copy pasted products from aliexpress 🤣🤣, and there is no sign of chipset model in their website(neither ebay nor aliexpress).in some cases their details mistaches. for example: it says the cpu is i7 6700hq but the chipset is A55 or c204 or AX88. i dont know what the hell is going on with these websites. where you guys recommend me to buy my motherboard?? here i found this one but no sign of graphic memory size or chipset model 🤔🤔:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005001280388131.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.ab3a5bf10OVGDY&browser_id=38efc898b42c4f4ab0235c7edfeac0c4&aff_trace_key=6f91d4338e0f4f4f9d1be9baa18b6d8b-1610971575453-02423-_dXTaSdi&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=17715eaa2f511bcce90912f0583bd19809414f1e80&gclid=&_imgsrc_=ae01.alicdn.com/kf/Hdc3c4e6cd47c45e5af56d67ba6fe77fel.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

You need a new motherboard for your particular laptop model. Asus X550VX , I guess. Then get it. Some motherboards are used in several laptop models from same line thus confusion with model names. Chipset is always the same.

Aliexpress is OK for "genuine" Chinese/Taiwanese brand hardware like Asus, Acer and Lenovo. Only shipping is long. I particularly like eBay a bit more because of that - from sellers in Europe shipping is a way faster to my location. Probably true for US or AUS too.

aidin0181

Commendable
Mar 11, 2018
You need a new motherboard for your particular laptop model. Asus X550VX , I guess. Then get it. Some motherboards are used in several laptop models from same line thus confusion with model names. Chipset is always the same.

Aliexpress is OK for "genuine" Chinese/Taiwanese brand hardware like Asus, Acer and Lenovo. Only shipping is long. I particularly like eBay a bit more because of that - from sellers in Europe shipping is a way faster to my location. Probably true for US or AUS too.
the x550vx motherboards on ebay are the same on aliexpress, even the shipping from are the same from china.but no sign of gpu details (2gb or 4gb - gddr3 or gddr5). these are so important to me.