Does this motherboard work for my pc?

Keenan_5

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017
specs-
Ram-Samsung 8GB 2X4GB DDR3 1600 MHz 240pin PC3-12800 Desktop Memory Low Density
GPU-evga 1050 ti sc gaming 4GB
power supply-300w power supply
CPU-i3 4170(Intel integrated 4400hd graphics)
Harddrive-1Tb hardrive
Computer - Inspiron 3847

The motherboard that i want is MSI H81M-P33 LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard and i dont know if this will work with my system. im trying to get a new motherboard cuz the dell motherboard i had on my computer wasn't compatible with my gpu. The motherboard is compatible with everything i have, but i have a question do i have to reactivate window?
I am aware i have to check for 24 pin cable, front panel button, and front panel USB/audio connectors to make sure they follow the micro atx motherboard.

Bottom line-do i have to reactivate window and transfer my license to my new motherboard. Does the motherboard work for my pc?

Keenan_5

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017

Well no i don't have OEM Windows license because my pc already have window 10 home 64 bit installed when i bought it. Is there anything i need to know? But i think i did?

Keenan_5

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017

ok thank you! So bottom line i jsut have to sign in to my microsoft account and transfer my old license key. And question will i be able to sign in to my start up password like before?

Once you "convert" to a microsoft account it will use your email login credentials to log in.

Once you get everything completely transfered you can revert it back to a standard account, or another option is to leave that account on the computer, and setup a different account with your normal username and password. You can even do a registry hack to hide the microsoft account from displaying at logon.

TRENDING THREADS