[SOLVED] Does this old motherboard support wi-fi?

Aug 26, 2020
I just installed Windows 10 Home on an old PC with some parts that I upgraded, and can’t connect to the internet because Windows isn’t finding a wi-fi adaptor. The motherboard is a P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe, but I don’t know how to find out if it has a wi-fi adaptor.

In the network adaptors section of device manager, only ethernet and WAN adaptors are shown. Is there some way to find out if the motherboard actually allows connection to the internet via wireless connection?

Solution
Not exactly where you thought it came with a WiFi adapter but that board does not come with Wireless connectivity bundled with it. Instead you will need a wireless receiver(like a dongle) or an add-on WiFi card or use the Ethernet port to connect to the internet/www.

Since you can see Ethernet, you are able to connect to the internet using a Cat5/6/7 cable from a router.

Lutfij

Titan
Not exactly where you thought it came with a WiFi adapter but that board does not come with Wireless connectivity bundled with it. Instead you will need a wireless receiver(like a dongle) or an add-on WiFi card or use the Ethernet port to connect to the internet/www.

Since you can see Ethernet, you are able to connect to the internet using a Cat5/6/7 cable from a router.

Reactions: time-flight
Solution
Aug 26, 2020

Ahh okay I understand now. Thanks for the help

The motherboard is a P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe, but I don’t know how to find out if it has a wi-fi adaptor.
You check specification of the board.
Hint - it doesn't have built in wifi.

You'll have to get add-on pcie or pci wifi card. It looks like this:

TPTLWN881_tp_link_300mbps_wireless_n_pci_express_adaptor.jpg

Reactions: time-flight