[SOLVED] Does this PCIE Extender (Thermaltake Gaming PCI-E 3.0 X16 Riser Cable) Provide power to a 1650 low profile?

Frankie4Fingarz

Commendable
Apr 24, 2019
Hey just need to know as my 1650 doesnt fit in the pcie slot so I need a riser to provide a slot but now im concerned the card wont be powered. here is the Riser

Solution
All the riser does is take all of the PCIe pins including power, pass them through a flat cable and terminates them into another connector you plug the GPU into. As long as the GPU can tolerate the additional I*R voltage loss across the cable, it should be fine. Only way to find out for sure is to try it.

If the riser is well-made, the PCIe slot can be extended by a somewhat ridiculous amount. LTT tried it for fun a year or so ago and they put the GPU something like 10' away from the PC before it quit working.

InvalidError

Titan
All the riser does is take all of the PCIe pins including power, pass them through a flat cable and terminates them into another connector you plug the GPU into. As long as the GPU can tolerate the additional I*R voltage loss across the cable, it should be fine. Only way to find out for sure is to try it.

If the riser is well-made, the PCIe slot can be extended by a somewhat ridiculous amount. LTT tried it for fun a year or so ago and they put the GPU something like 10' away from the PC before it quit working.

Solution