[SOLVED] Does this PSU has the correct connectors to upgrade GPU

Nov 15, 2020
Question : Does my power supply have the correct connectors to upgrade my graphics card?

Current build :
Intel i7-10700K (Added yesterday, I won’t OC)
Gtx 1060 6GB (currently, trying to upgrade)
Motherboard : MSI Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi
PSU : Corsair cx750 80+ Bronze (3 yr old)
RAM : Corsaire Vengeance RGB (4x8Gb) 3200
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master ML240L RGB

If I want to upgrade my GTX 1060 6gb (currently connected with a 6-pin connector) to something like a RTX 2060 Super (8-pin connector needed)
or a RTX 3070 (8-pin connector also), would I need to change my PSU?

I wanna know if there is a safe, stable option to upgrade the GPU without changing the PSU.

Let me know,

Thank you!

Solution
Actually, that extra four pin EPS connector is strictly for the CPU. It has nothing to do with the graphics card. The graphics card gets all it's power through the slot and through the auxiliary PCIe cables. If your PSU HAS the additional EPS connector, it is wise to simply connect it anyhow, no matter if you are planning to overclock or not.
Nov 15, 2020
Yes, your PSU has the necessary connectors.

To upgrade to an RTX 3070, Would I need to connect the extra 4-pin connector to the motherboard (usually the one you connect when you consider overclocking) ? Or is it safe power-wise to use a power-consuming card without the extra power in the motherboard.

Thanks!

Actually, that extra four pin EPS connector is strictly for the CPU. It has nothing to do with the graphics card. The graphics card gets all it's power through the slot and through the auxiliary PCIe cables. If your PSU HAS the additional EPS connector, it is wise to simply connect it anyhow, no matter if you are planning to overclock or not.

Solution