Question Does this show a fault on my cpu? High temps need help

Mar 28, 2020
Ok, so I had been having issues for a good 2 weeks now and in this time ive had over 50 restarts, im still a rookie also. But my pc was crashing when stress was being put on it, usually while gaming or benchmarking, if left on standby it would crash but for some reason after installing new nvidia drivers it fixed and would only crash every few hours instead if straight away with games.

So because of that i thought hey it could be a gpu issue, this was after i replaced the psu and things continued, i did a memtest for 5hours and 0errors came back, but long story short i got to prime95 to test the cpu, just to note stress testing on valley using hwinfo before this everything was fine, no issues with the temps on the cpu or gpu, the only issues were that the cpu usage was low asf.

But on prime95 as youll see in the pic, I hit 95+ on all cores after 10mins running prime95 with coretemps and task manager, everything was running at 100% 4.8GHz speed which idk how to lower to 3.6 unless i just sync all cores and force it to 3.6GHz.

But yeah im assuming this has been the reason for all the crashes my systems had, now id assume it could be the cooler is faulty or an issue with the cpu itself thats where i could use someones help to try and troubleshoot what i can do or try or if ill be forced to buy a new cooler or cpu.

Hardware
Cooler is a x72 nzxt kraken
Cpu is i9 9900k 3.6GHz
Gpu rtx 2080 ti gaming x trio
Motherboard is a maximus hero xi
32gb ram vengence pro 3200MHz if i remember right
M.2 ssd samsung evo

Case has 7 fans in total and the fron is off, no dust is trapped as ive checked and comoletely removed everything at one point. Reapplied new thermal paste on the gpu anf cpu just to make sure also.
If needed the thermal paste is Mx-4 so idk if that makes a difference compared to the thicker kinds
Cpu View: https://imgur.com/gallery/lrpd2UU

Mar 28, 2020
Also just as something to add, the core voltage shows 0.959V but in HWmonitor it does fluctuate from 0.658V to 1.2V and changes often dont know if this means much, ive just turned off turbo mode for the cpu so it doesnt push to 4.8GHz and synced all cores to x36 so it runs at default which im sure it would have with turbo now off.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS