[SOLVED] Does this sound familiar to anyone.

Nov 20, 2019
Hello,
I bought a entry level gaming pc recently and have had nothing but trouble from the time I plugged it in. When it turns on it seems to over heat an lock up after about 15 minutes of use, then shuts down completely. Then When trying to restart it doesn’t send a picture to the monitor or power the keyboard even know it’s running. After turning it on and off several times i can get lucky an get a picture on the monitor and use the keyboard. Does that sound like a common problem to anyone an something I can fix, or should I just cut my loses an start again. Oh an one last thing when it does turn on it says that something bios is not installed then I press f1 an it starts anyway.
cheers

Solution
I’m not quite sure how to answer those questions at the moment. I know the operating system is windows 7 an the brand of motherboard is foxconn flaming blade.
So - it's some used pc and you have no clue, what's inside of it. Right?
How do you know, it's capable of being used for gaming?

If it's overheating, then you'll have to check cpu cooler, replace cpu thermal paste (and may be have to replace cpu cooling).
If it's some other reason for shutdown - some issue with PSU perhaps, then it may be necessary to replace PSU.

Lutfij

Titan
It might and it might not, honestly. Since this is a thread of troubleshooting nature, you should ideally state the specs to your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Speaking of your BIOS, can you get into the BIOS screen and remain there indefinitely? While there, please state the current BIOS version you're on.

Nov 20, 2019
It might and it might not, honestly. Since this is a thread of troubleshooting nature, you should ideally state the specs to your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Speaking of your BIOS, can you get into the BIOS screen and remain there indefinitely? While there, please state the current BIOS version you're on.
I’m not quite sure how to answer those questions at the moment. I know the operating system is windows 7 an the brand of motherboard is foxconn flaming blade. But without getting on to it a don’t know what the specs are of it all. Is the bios screen the one where you push f8 a bunch of times upon start up ? Sorry man my knowledge of all this is minimal at best.

I’m not quite sure how to answer those questions at the moment. I know the operating system is windows 7 an the brand of motherboard is foxconn flaming blade.

If it's overheating, then you'll have to check cpu cooler, replace cpu thermal paste (and may be have to replace cpu cooling).
If it's some other reason for shutdown - some issue with PSU perhaps, then it may be necessary to replace PSU.

Solution
Nov 20, 2019

Haha your kinda right I guess. The guy I bought it from showed me it running a pretty decent game when I bought it. I’ve also got a couple of games on it at the moment that it seems to run fine when it wants to. I’ll try and figure out the specs. But I like where your going with the cooling thing. I’ll look into it some more. Cheers.

Nov 20, 2019
I’m not quite sure how to answer those questions at the moment. I know the operating system is windows 7 an the brand of motherboard is foxconn flaming blade. But without getting on to it a don’t know what the specs are of it all. Is the bios screen the one where you push f8 a bunch of times upon start up ? Sorry man my knowledge of all this is minimal at best.
CPU: intel core i7 930
Motherboard: Foxconn flaming blade gti
Ram: 6.00 gb
SSD/HDD: no ssd
GPU: nvidia GeForce gtx 660
PSU: 700 w
Chassis:

The bios version is 6.00 pg

Nov 20, 2019
Can you show photo of inside of your pc case?
CPU cooler model and PSU model - those should be identified.

Also check cpu and gpu temperatures with MSI
Can you show photo of inside of your pc case?
CPU cooler model and PSU model - those should be identified.

Also check cpu and gpu temperatures with MSI Afterburner.
the power supply is casecom 700w 230v
CPU cooler is cool master
I’ve got a core temp program that runs constantly an the 4 different temps fluctuate between 40 degrees to 98 degrees with 1% load

Nov 20, 2019
That's not a model number. Show photo of PSU label.
Anyway Casecom PSUs generally are garbage. Replace.

Again - not enough info to determine model. Cooler master makes a lot of different cpu cooler models. Probably in hundreds. Show photo.
I carnt post photos man sorry. Purely cause I don’t know how haha. But all good man I’ll try replacing the psu I reckon. An go from there. Thanks