Question Does this test assures my memory is bad?

Jan 18, 2021
Hey, I built my gaming pc a few days ago and After some hours of using it, while playing Overwatch, the game crashed with memory violation exception.
After some more crashes and BSOD with the error code of “MEMORY MANAGMENT” I ran memtest86 to test the kit.
1 Stick was throwing error on the first second of the test, while the other one is completely fine. And I did switched the RAM from different DIMM slots to see if its the actual slot, and it turned out that the slots are fine. Heres a picture of the memtest86.
So it’s 100% the RAM? Cause I already RMA’d it.
ZnsZ90GG_6618186A-15B7-44E3-8D15-6919F52F33C1.jpeg

D

Deleted member 14196

If you get any failures it confirms that it’s bad. You should be able to test good memory going through four full testing cycles with no errors otherwise it’s bad

Even just one error is bad.
Ram makers will want a memtest to verify that your ram qualifies for rma.
You will need to send in ALL of the kit for replacement.
Ram must be matched for proper operation.
If it is a big issue to be without a pc, g.skil might allow an exchange rma where they send you a replacement kit and charge your credit card for it.
You continue to limp along on one stick waiting for the replacement.
When it comes, you send in all of the defective kit and they cancel the credit card charge.

Reactions: CountMike

kanewolf

Titan
Hey, I built my gaming pc a few days ago and After some hours of using it, while playing Overwatch, the game crashed with memory violation exception.
After some more crashes and BSOD with the error code of “MEMORY MANAGMENT” I ran memtest86 to test the kit.
1 Stick was throwing error on the first second of the test, while the other one is completely fine. And I did switched the RAM from different DIMM slots to see if its the actual slot, and it turned out that the slots are fine. Heres a picture of the memtest86.
So it’s 100% the RAM? Cause I already RMA’d it.
ZnsZ90GG_6618186A-15B7-44E3-8D15-6919F52F33C1.jpeg
You are running in parallel CPU mode. That can cause spurious errors. You may want to check with the CPU config set to "round robin" rather than parallel.