[SOLVED] does this TV have a vid card? SAMSUNG QE65Q80T TV (65 ", UHD 4K, QLED)

threebills11

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2014
I don't know how the smart TV's work nowadays,I was gonna hook up my laptop to watch movies on this tv so do I need the laptop to have the vid card to run the 4k? or does the TV already have graphics for it? Thank you for the help.

Solution
A TV doesn't have a "video card" in the same sense that a PC/laptop do.

When you connect a computer to a TV, it is in essence being used as a monitor only. The graphics card in the computer will determine, along with supported resolution modes of the monitor (TV), what resolution and frame rate along with quality.

Since you have a smart TV there are apps and such where you can host your video in a program or app that the TV itself would run in order to process and watch. Plex, for instance. In some cases you can even put the video file on a USB stick and the TV has the capability to watch it, according to format.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
A TV doesn't have a "video card" in the same sense that a PC/laptop do.

When you connect a computer to a TV, it is in essence being used as a monitor only. The graphics card in the computer will determine, along with supported resolution modes of the monitor (TV), what resolution and frame rate along with quality.

Since you have a smart TV there are apps and such where you can host your video in a program or app that the TV itself would run in order to process and watch. Plex, for instance. In some cases you can even put the video file on a USB stick and the TV has the capability to watch it, according to format.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS