Does this work to make fans quieter or should i order complete new fans?

wytse1999

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016
The question is above.
I have H80i from Corsair but the fans are like a fighter jet, is this a possible solution?

s-l1600.jpg

Solution
The rubber isolation only lowers conducted sound. If your fans are running at high enough RPM that they are generating turbulence in the air, then you are hearing that rather than conducted sound.
Isolation is a good thing whenever there is vibration. But it sounds like you are hearing air/blade noise which wouldn't be changed.

kanewolf

Titan
The rubber isolation only lowers conducted sound. If your fans are running at high enough RPM that they are generating turbulence in the air, then you are hearing that rather than conducted sound.
Isolation is a good thing whenever there is vibration. But it sounds like you are hearing air/blade noise which wouldn't be changed.

Solution

John_561

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
Yes, I had the exact same cooler with exact same stock fans that sounded like an SR-71 taking off. I switched to Noctuas after researching it. The NF-F12 PWM to be exact, two of them. They last forever. Accept no substitute.

wytse1999

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016

The fans that are included go up to 2200 RPM under load so i think you're right.