Does Touchscreen on laptops impact its performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisGuyKnows

Reputable
Oct 3, 2015
Been scouting laptop deals for the last 2 months looking for some sort of bargain for the parents to use, so unannounced to me I come across a really good laptop (the specs look great) then all of a sudden it hits me, it's touchscreen. How does this impact its performance? Is it basically the same as a laptop without touchscreen; that being it's only factor?

Will the laptop in question (touchscreen) still be able to use all the programs they use on their older laptops? I.E: Recording / keyboard macro inputs, if he types his initials it becomes his full name etcetc.

(Specs if anybody interested)
Brand: Medion
Processor Speed: 2.6 Ghz
CPU: I5 4210M
GPU: Geforce GT 825M
storage: 1tb & 8gb flash memory
memory: 8gb
Screen size: 17.3
Res: 1600x900
£400

It will be as fast as the same laptop without a touchscreen, it's just the display. Will add cost and maybe change how the screen looks a bit though. About using the programs they had, depends on if those programs support the operating system on the laptop you are getting.

The two consequences of choosing a laptop with a touchscreen are as follows:

#1 - Slightly heavier compared to a similar model without a touchscreen due to additional electronics. We are taking about a few ounces.

#2 - Slightly shorter battery life since the additional electronics needs power.

ThisGuyKnows

Reputable
Oct 3, 2015

Could I possibly get both your inputs on the laptop? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEDION-AKOYA-P7631T-Laptop-MD98754-/262106743781?rmvSB=true - Are Medion good brand when it comes to laptops? The product has a 2 year warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.