[SOLVED] Does turning off your power supply harm your pc when it's shut down?

itsfaruk

Commendable
Jan 4, 2019
Since I got my new pc for over a month when I shut it down it keeps my peripherals rgb lights on and I think that's gonna cost too much electricity. So when I turn off my pc, after it turned off I flip the switch on my power supply so my lights won't stay on all the time. But is it bad for your pc's stability to turn off my power supply everytime I shut it down?

are you refering to the pulsing lights on the motherboard , in recent years the majority of new mobos have lights that stay on even when your pc is turned off , the mobo is still feeding a small amount of electricity to your usb sockets , if you want to you can use the usb sockets to charge a phone or tablet even when the pc is off.

D

Deleted member 14196

It shouldn’t hurt it but it’s just extra wear and tear on that switch to save a micro amount of money so it doesn’t make sense as stated above

itsfaruk

Commendable
Jan 4, 2019
are you refering to the pulsing lights on the motherboard , in recent years the majority of new mobos have lights that stay on even when your pc is turned off , the mobo is still feeding a small amount of electricity to your usb sockets , if you want to you can use the usb sockets to charge a phone or tablet even when the pc is off.
I'm referring to my keyboard and mouse lights. They are always turned on even after I turn off my pc. When I searched in my bios to turn off that setting it only had a 'deep sleep' mode where it completely turns off my pc but it also says that it could be bad for the pc's stability. So I won't do it to ruin my performance.