Question Does two copies of Windows 10 cause issues on a PC

Jul 21, 2019
I recently bought a new PC but want to connect my old SSD and HDD. Both of them seem to have a pirated version of windows but my new PC has a clean copy. Will I have any issues if I simply install them like a normal hard drive or do I need to partition/wipe them before installation?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
If I'm reading what you've written correctly, it sounds like you're intending to pull the drives from the machine(s) that had pirated versions of Windows strictly for use as additional drives, and not to boot from, as you have a legitimate copy on the PC to which you intend to transfer them.

This should not cause even the slightest problem, though I would make a point of deleting the Windows system folders in their entirety from those drives.

Reactions: TheTangarang
Jul 21, 2019
If I'm reading what you've written correctly, it sounds like you're intending to pull the drives from the machine(s) that had pirated versions of Windows strictly for use as additional drives, and not to boot from, as you have a legitimate copy on the PC to which you intend to transfer them.

This should not cause even the slightest problem, though I would make a point of deleting the Windows system folders in their entirety from those drives.
that is exactly what I intend to do. thank you so much!