[SOLVED] Does USB start working once again with a new motherboard?

Pcgolfer07

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
Hi guys this is my CPU - intel i7 4790k
With
Asus all series motherboard.

The USB drives don't work anymore and whenever I watch a video there seems to be a lot of static noise along with the audio.
It's never happened before. I bought this motherboard and cpu back in 2013.

Will changing the motherboard fix the problem? Cause what else can it be? The IO shield has nothing to do with USB not working right? Any help is much appreciated!

Solution
USB ports not working anymore can be a few things. Like the ports being broken and it happens with 7 years old motherboard. Could be drivers related. The OS being corrupted or infected. The USB port can be loose so that the contacts doesn't even touch each other when you plug any USB device.

If the issue is with your board changing the board will work and they are at around 50 dollars on ebay.

I had a i7 4770K system before the one I have right now and the P87-Pro I had on that system had 2 usb ports not working anymore. They were dead.
USB ports not working anymore can be a few things. Like the ports being broken and it happens with 7 years old motherboard. Could be drivers related. The OS being corrupted or infected. The USB port can be loose so that the contacts doesn't even touch each other when you plug any USB device.

If the issue is with your board changing the board will work and they are at around 50 dollars on ebay.

I had a i7 4770K system before the one I have right now and the P87-Pro I had on that system had 2 usb ports not working anymore. They were dead.

Reactions: Pcgolfer07
Solution

Pcgolfer07

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
Thanks a lot for letting me know, I'll probably have to change motherboard soon before ddr3 boards become completely obsolete. I don't think the OS could be the problem, I recently reset the PC with windows 10 again and still no good. Will have to check the motherboard i guess