Does USB tethering use hotspot data

OfficialRitual

Reputable
Jul 22, 2017
Hey so I have a hotspot with 10gb and I don't want to use all of the data so does USB tethering use hotspot data or just regular data I have unlimited data

Solution
It depends on the provider but in most cases hotspot is consider the same as tethering. The companies know very well it hard to consume a lot of data on a tiny little screen or download any significant amount of data to the storage in a phone. This lets them pretend the data is unlimited because they know almost no one will use huge amounts.

When you hook a PC to it you can download games that are many gigbits just to get it installed.
It depends on the provider but in most cases hotspot is consider the same as tethering. The companies know very well it hard to consume a lot of data on a tiny little screen or download any significant amount of data to the storage in a phone. This lets them pretend the data is unlimited because they know almost no one will use huge amounts.

When you hook a PC to it you can download games that are many gigbits just to get it installed.

Solution
U think u found a loophole, NOT.

There is no such thing as unlimited. Either the carrier finds out you are using your phone data not according to agreement, or they start throttling you. Throttling is a basic network mechanism and legal. No carrier ever promise you full speed, unlimited, all the time.

TRENDING THREADS