[SOLVED] Does using some old amps srs-a20 from sony represents a treat to my motherboard?

gikal

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
Hello everyone, i hope you are all fine, im wondering if using some old active speaker system srs a20 sony that uses 4 AA battery on my new rig aorus b360 pro motherboard could cause any damage? they work fine, and sound is great, in my country right now is impossible to get some new speakers, i already order some new logitech but they are taking almost 2 weeks for delivery, i just dont want to fry my motherboard for some old speakers but right now i dont have any others, so i wanted to know if these are fine for a while, so i can have pace of mind, thanks in advance. product info > https://www.amazon.ca/Srs-a20-Active-Speaker-System-Computer/dp/B00J1TD602

Solution
no. there will be no way to damage the motherboard if used as directed.
the batteries are for the AMP that is needed for computer speakers. the output of a soundcard is low under 1W, speakers will all have amplifier inside to make that signal stronger.
my speakers take the 1 W and amplify it with AC power, not DC as batteries, and outputs 100W.

the motherboard is made to work with speakers like those.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the batteries are for the AMP that is needed for computer speakers. the output of a soundcard is low under 1W, speakers will all have amplifier inside to make that signal stronger.
my speakers take the 1 W and amplify it with AC power, not DC as batteries, and outputs 100W.

Reactions: gikal
Solution

gikal

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019

Thank you :D