[SOLVED] Does very slow HDD affect game FPS

Jun 7, 2020
Hello!

I am wondering if my WD Green 2012 will slow my games if I have an i5-10600k, 16gb RAM and a 1060 6gb. I also have 250 gb MX500 SSD but it only has few games and Windows. I have mostly all my games in the HDD and I wonder should I upgrade to a better HDD like Seagate Barracuda 2TB?

Solution
HDD will not lower your FPS,games are made to run from DVD/bluray and if they get the data too slow they just stay at lower textures for any object they can't load in better ones fast enough.
But even this issue can also appear with very fast disks so there is no guarantee.
HDD will not lower your FPS,games are made to run from DVD/bluray and if they get the data too slow they just stay at lower textures for any object they can't load in better ones fast enough.
But even this issue can also appear with very fast disks so there is no guarantee.

Solution
Jun 7, 2020
ok thanks!

Jun 7, 2020
Some things like level loads and texture loads will be impacted by a 5400 rpm HDD.

If you are upgrading to a 10600K class system, I suggest you go all ssd.
A 1tb intel 660P nvme m.2 drive will cost $120 .
Relegate the HDD to backup duty.
ok I will look if that could be an option for me