[SOLVED] Does Vivobook 15 K542UF support NVMe m.2 SSD?

Jan 3, 2022
Hi guys, I have a Vivobook K542UF laptop which has an Intel Core i7 8550u with a nVidia GeForce MX130. I bought it in 2019 and now I want to put a SSD inside it. Do you guys know if it supports NVMe SSD? I've heard that they're way faster than NGFF m.2 SATA SSDs. Currently my eyes are on Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe m.2 250GB.
And if it doesn't support, does a NGFF m.2 SATA (e.g. Samsung 860 EVO NGFF m.2) make any difference in the performance comparing to a HDD?

Solution
Hi guys, I have a Vivobook K542UF laptop which has an Intel Core i7 8550u with a nVidia GeForce MX130. I bought it in 2019 and now I want to put a SSD inside it. Do you guys know if it supports NVMe SSD? I've heard that they're way faster than NGFF m.2 SATA SSDs. Currently my eyes are on Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe m.2 250GB.
And if it doesn't support, does a NGFF m.2 SATA (e.g. Samsung 860 EVO NGFF m.2) make any difference in the performance comparing to a HDD?
The perf diff between a sata ssd and a nvme ssd is minor for most stuff.
The perf diff between any ssd and a hdd is major.
The perf diff between a sata ssd and a nvme ssd is minor for most stuff.
The perf diff between any ssd and a hdd is major.

Solution