Question Does whatsapp save chat history on cloud?

noyaus

Honorable
Jul 15, 2016
Yes you will. If you use Google Drive Sync on Android or iCloud sync on iPhone and you change phones but you enter the same number you had it will automatically show you your last synced messages. Do ensure that you sync your messages before you open it up on another device

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
Yes you will. If you use Google Drive Sync on Android or iCloud sync on iPhone and you change phones but you enter the same number you had it will automatically show you your last synced messages. Do ensure that you sync your messages before you open it up on another device

On the contrary , I DO NOT want this to happen. What can I do to make sure that
when I login the whatsapp account on another phone the history cannot be retrived?

Can I delete a whatsapp account and its history permanently??

D

Deleted member 14196

Probably not and this is the problem with all of these social media services even if you “delete” your account it still saved somewhere

noyaus

Honorable
Jul 15, 2016
On the contrary , I DO NOT want this to happen. What can I do to make sure that
when I login the whatsapp account on another phone the history cannot be retrived?

Can I delete a whatsapp account and its history permanently??
then the best thing to do is turn off all back ups. I would then delete all your messages and "backup" an empty whatsapp.

harrystam

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2015
The best part of advice I ever heard about the internet is "use the internet as if your grandma is leaning over your shoulder"
You wont need to ask these questions about nudes saved in the cloud.