[SOLVED] Does windows 10 install network drivers automatically?

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
I have a TP Link archer T2U a600 (the USB one with dual band and one antenna) and I had to install the drivers for it when I first plugged it in.

Recently, I did a complete format of the hard drive and installed the windows again. Surprisingly, the network was working without me having to install any drivers. My motherboard doesn't have WIFI or Bluetooth inbuilt.
Seriously, where did it store the drivers if not on the HDD?

My motherboard is a Zebronics H61 with a Core i3 3240 and a GT 1030.

Solution
it includes basic drivers for most adapters, then it will grab newer ones from windows update or the store
Its on the installer. Drivers aren't that big. Mostly.

It tries to find all the drivers on pc without you needing to. Its pretty good at it. Most things that will have win 10 drivers have them by now.

Hardware makers had to supply Microsoft with copies of drivers so they will work with win 10. So MS has a copy of at least one of them on its Update catalog and some of the more standard ones are probably on the installer package.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it includes basic drivers for most adapters, then it will grab newer ones from windows update or the store
Its on the installer. Drivers aren't that big. Mostly.

It tries to find all the drivers on pc without you needing to. Its pretty good at it. Most things that will have win 10 drivers have them by now.

Hardware makers had to supply Microsoft with copies of drivers so they will work with win 10. So MS has a copy of at least one of them on its Update catalog and some of the more standard ones are probably on the installer package.

Solution

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
Like others have said, Windows 10 stores a ton of basic drivers, enough to get you up and running. Network drivers are especially important, because once you get online you can download any other drivers you want.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
Not true. Windows 10 has limited, but fully working Nvidia drivers. They still need to be updated after you get up and running to get maximum performance, though.
I had to install them for my old GT 710 after reinstallation of windows, but I guess it takes time to install the driver itself and I didn't give it much time.