[SOLVED] Does Windows 10 watermark appear over everything?

Jun 14, 2020
Hi, I'm planning a dual boot setup of Windows 7 and Windows 10 but currently, I don't have the money to be able to afford a key for Windows 10. I've, instead, opted to just leave it unactivated for the time being as I can handle a watermark and lack of theme customization.

My question is this: does the watermark appear over top of games, browser windows, other programs, etc? If so, is there any way to disable it just while playing games and using applications?

I don't mind it showing up on the desktop but I can't tolerate it being over top of my applications and games; that would be far too annoying for me to deal with. Considering how one of the reasons I'm planning the dual boot setup is so I can play new games that are 10 only, I definitely don't want to deal with that but I also don't want to use my existing 7 key because I want to run the dual boot.

Thanks for any responses!

Solution
Yes, it is on top of everything. It is pretty faint, though.
No, you can't disable it.

(And to any other readers here...any hacks to try to disable it will be summarily deleted)

USAFRet

Titan
This, on top of an Edge browser window
360D9Ag.png

And on top of Notepad
3khFK4i.png

Jun 14, 2020
Welp, that's pretty much a deal breaker. Guess I'll just have to forget about Windows 10 for a long while until I can afford to risk money on a key from a site like Kinguin. There's no way I'm using my 7 key and there's no way I'm paying $140 or whatever it is. Not when I know how many issues it still has.

I understand the forum rules, I'm not asking for illegal ways to get around it or anything, I just wanted to know if there was a legal way to make it so the watermark only appears on the desktop.

TRENDING THREADS