Does windows 8 make games lag

GamerDude123

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
I have a gaming laptop it has windows 8 single language and every game lags on it and I don't know why here is the specs:

processor: intel core i7-3632qm@2.20ghz
Ram: 8gb
Graphics card: GeForce gt 635m

Any advice will do

Thanks

Solution
your GPU is very HIGH SPEC you realize and its a laptop theres a simple fix for this put it in to balanced or high performance now you need to know when on the go gaming really limits your play time with mine its about 2 hours... i learned that intel i-whatever number was an integrated GPU magnificent for media not so good for gaming(in certain cases) also on balanced your CPU has to operate at least at 50% of it processing capabilities(as in its speed not usage) it also allows you laptop by default to enable GPU automatic switching if your in power saver well it only uses the power saving gpu which means it uses the intel HDXX00(4000 most likely) graphics over the nvidia graphics and it won't switch either you can change it if you wish...

GamerDude123

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

My resolution I'm gaming at is 1366x768,60Hz

GamerDude123

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

Thanks but I don't understand why the games lag?

TechyInTraining

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
your GPU is very HIGH SPEC you realize and its a laptop theres a simple fix for this put it in to balanced or high performance now you need to know when on the go gaming really limits your play time with mine its about 2 hours... i learned that intel i-whatever number was an integrated GPU magnificent for media not so good for gaming(in certain cases) also on balanced your CPU has to operate at least at 50% of it processing capabilities(as in its speed not usage) it also allows you laptop by default to enable GPU automatic switching if your in power saver well it only uses the power saving gpu which means it uses the intel HDXX00(4000 most likely) graphics over the nvidia graphics and it won't switch either you can change it if you wish using the control panel> power > power saver > advanced > Graphics (I believe will correct later)

Solution

GamerDude123

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

Thanks so much dude I hope it works

GamerDude123

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

I will try that thanks