does windows10 support windows7 programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ario 1

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
hello
i want know that can i install windows7 programs and games on windows10 and do windows7 motherboards great work whit windows10?

Solution
Its very probable that if an application works with windows 7 then it will work with windows 10, I have a lot of games installed on my laptop that used to work with windows 7 and 8.1

If a motherboard says it was designed for windows 7 then it should work with windows 10 no problem. it might be a bit slow due to the age of the hardware. if you think you might have a problem, you can start the install of windows 10 and it will check your system compatibility. unfortunately there is no standalone upgrade assistant app for windows 10

Reyaz123

Admirable
Yes windows 7 programs can work on windows 10 but expect problems since it is a new OS. There are compatibility options you can set in the properties compatibility tab in your files/games to run as windows 7.

There is also alternatives like dosbox, virtual box, VMware to enable you to use older programs that are no longer supported

bobmanuk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Its very probable that if an application works with windows 7 then it will work with windows 10, I have a lot of games installed on my laptop that used to work with windows 7 and 8.1

If a motherboard says it was designed for windows 7 then it should work with windows 10 no problem. it might be a bit slow due to the age of the hardware. if you think you might have a problem, you can start the install of windows 10 and it will check your system compatibility. unfortunately there is no standalone upgrade assistant app for windows 10

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.