[SOLVED] Does XMP save on the memory?

Jan 2, 2021
Does enabling XMP save on the memory itself? What I mean is, if I were to enable XMP on the memory and then move it to another system would XMP still be enabled? I’m sure the answer to this question is no but I want an extra opinion.

Solution
Does enabling XMP save on the memory itself? What I mean is, if I were to enable XMP on the memory and then move it to another system would XMP still be enabled? I’m sure the answer to this question is no but I want an extra opinion.
No. It is a motherboard based setting. The DIMMs have a lookup table for the values that are valid. The motherboard reads the table and saves the value for power up.

kanewolf

Titan
No. It is a motherboard based setting. The DIMMs have a lookup table for the values that are valid. The motherboard reads the table and saves the value for power up.

Reactions: rainy1000
Solution