[SOLVED] Does your pc case affect the temperature of your GPU?

Jan 5, 2019
I use the AMD radeon r9 290x in a miditower. It heats alot (above 80 degrees) while gaming. My intelcore is pentuim, 2x 4gb ram, 500WAT power. 4 fans, and the fan of the GPU. Please tell me why it heats....

Solution
94C is hot. But if the GPU fans are only at 60% during that condition, that means the target temp hasn't yet been reached. I'd recommend setting target temp (in AMD settings) to 75-80C.

On case fans, the air flows from the "open" side of the fan to the side with the 3 spokes that hold the fan motor inside the frame (Not to be confused with a fan grille). You want the two front fans and the side panel fan blowing air into the case, and the rear fan blowing air out.
Jan 5, 2019

2 on the frond 1 back and 1 on the case door. And is it nomal it goes to 94° while the fan is on 60%?
I don't know much about pc's...

94C is hot. But if the GPU fans are only at 60% during that condition, that means the target temp hasn't yet been reached. I'd recommend setting target temp (in AMD settings) to 75-80C.

On case fans, the air flows from the "open" side of the fan to the side with the 3 spokes that hold the fan motor inside the frame (Not to be confused with a fan grille). You want the two front fans and the side panel fan blowing air into the case, and the rear fan blowing air out.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS