Does zero frozr damage the fans?

zackthaboss

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017
Okay so I bought an msi gtx 1060 6gb gaming x and when im gaming the fans will come on when reaching 60c but than they will turn back off again because it gets cooler and it just keeps doing this over and over again. Is it better for me to just always have the fans on 25% while gaming or should i just keep letting it turn the fans on and off every minute?

Solution

unknown.png

Only follow my first two dots. basically you want the fans to jump up to their minimum fan speed. For my fans, 32% is the lowest they can go before they stutter cause there isn't enough voltage for the fans to run properly below 32%.

zackthaboss

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017

If I did the same thing would my graphics card fans still last a long time?

zackthaboss

Reputable
Feb 25, 2017

If I wanted to have the fans turn on at 50c and only turn off once it reaches 45c, how would the fan settings look like in msi afterburner? Like where do I put each of the dots?

unknown.png

Only follow my first two dots. basically you want the fans to jump up to their minimum fan speed. For my fans, 32% is the lowest they can go before they stutter cause there isn't enough voltage for the fans to run properly below 32%.

Solution