[SOLVED] Why doesn't Afterburner let me increase the voltage?

markellospapadakis

Prominent
Aug 24, 2018
hello!!
im trying to overclock my r7 265 dual x, but i cant set the voltage slider, when i set it max and apply it, it goes right back on 1175, how i will force it to stay on 1300mV?
i want to tune the voltage, cause it is not stable at 1150MHz core clock.
thank you for any help!

DWSzZGv.png

Solution
Do not max out voltage. It's totally unnecessary. Even with a large OC, at most you'd raise voltages 10mv at a time. I'm running a 124% OC on my gpu and it's still at stock voltages.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Dumping that much voltage into already stressed VRM's is a quick way to burn up the card.

I'd strongly suggest you go and read ALL about gpu OC tricks, tweaks, limitations, clocks, memory, power limits, voltages etc before you do permanent damage to the gpu.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Do not max out voltage. It's totally unnecessary. Even with a large OC, at most you'd raise voltages 10mv at a time. I'm running a 124% OC on my gpu and it's still at stock voltages.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Dumping that much voltage into already stressed VRM's is a quick way to burn up the card.

I'd strongly suggest you go and read ALL about gpu OC tricks, tweaks, limitations, clocks, memory, power limits, voltages etc before you do permanent damage to the gpu.

Solution