[SOLVED] Doing normal work and now my monitor is turning purple/has purple tint

Jul 22, 2021
I was just doing stuff as usual, when my monitor suddenly has this purple tint starting from the top right corner taking up half the screen. I never did anything in both hardware and software so Im not sure what is causing this. It is also not on the monitor as when I turn it off and back on it shows the logo on a white screen and it has no purple tint on it. Can it be the cables? But I havent moved any of the cables for over a year now, the monitor is also connected to my laptop so its just HDMI. The Monitor has VGA port I think but the laptop doesnt have one so I cant use them.

Edit: I have disconnected HDMI cable and it still there. Now im not sure what's happening as the monitor is only powered by power cable and has nothing connected to it. Its still doing this.

Last edited:
Solution
Yes, the fault/problem is with the monitor, not your PC.

Depending on what's actually wrong with it, if it's just a standard no-frills monitor it may make more sense to buy a new one than paying for it to be fixed.
Jul 22, 2021
Yes, the fault/problem is with the monitor, not your PC.

Depending on what's actually wrong with it, if it's just a standard no-frills monitor it may make more sense to buy a new one than paying for it to be fixed.
It is pretty expensive, and Im currently broke so I cannot replace it at the moment nor in the future, It'll take at least months and I think this has the possibility of getting fixed.

Jul 22, 2021
I dont think its a diy type service. U should contact the brand service center. I dont think this would cost much. It might be some tuning type issue.
This is a local brand (theres even spelling mistakes on the back lmao) so there really is no service center, only the store where I bought it from and it costs quite abit to send it there. Was hoping there was something I could do before doing it.