Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnN

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2001

There is PC sound card (say, Creative Audigy) that can output Dolby 7.1,
is there any elegant way in connecting this 7.1 channels to my sound
system ? Any special DI box or converter for those cards? As those are
unbalanced and with special phone plug !
Or Any professional sound card that have Dolby 7.1 ?

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:17:43 +0800, johnn <johnjohn9191@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>There is PC sound card (say, Creative Audigy) that can output Dolby 7.1?

Hercules Game Theatre XP 7.1

>is there any elegant way in connecting this 7.1 channels to my sound
>system ?

Optical fiber, or RCA SP/DIF.

It's a good soundcard. I assume you're only using it for playback,
not for recording? If not, do some deeper research: some of the
models are said to suffer from noisier AD/DA converters than others.

The ones in my older Game Theatre XP 5.1 are pretty quiet, though.

Supposedly, the 5.1 upgrades to the 7.1, but only using the digital
outs, since the analog outs are separate physical channels, and a
driver upgrade certainly does *not* add output jacks to the break out
box.

jtougas

listen- there's a hell of a good universe next door
let's go

e.e. cummings

Status
Not open for further replies.