Question Dolby Atmos vs DTS Sound Unbound (Headphone Virtualisation)

tjgreenwood1996

Honorable
Sep 20, 2017
I've been using Dolby Atmos for headphones for a good while now. (Sennheiser hd598cs)
However I see the other option on Win10 is DTS. I was wondering if anyone out there used DTS or believed it to be better?
What are your experiences with DTS vs Dolby for 7.1 video content, games etc etc.

I know audio is subjective and I should just use what sounds best to me before someone points that out!
But I still wanted some other opinions / perspectives.. Thoughts?

As you said, there is 0 need to ask what other opinions are unless you just go with whatever is popular. It's one click, change the option and see what happens. No one will yell at your or steal your cat if you picked something others won't like. What you hear depends on you, your headphones and your sound card.

Now if you were asking what sound card and headphones you should buy, that is different, we can start somewhere there based on budget and what you like to hear. About what settings make your system sound good to you, that is 100% up to you and your setup, especially since you don't need to buy anything to test it.