Question Domain user login and application run problems

sibuns

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2014
Hello.

We have our computers set up in the domain. I have install windows on each of the computer and add a user student as normal user and user proffesor as administrator on each machine.

I have also change the registry that when you turn computer on it automatically sign in as student user. The first problem is that after specified time the screen goes black and after that students must sign in to get back into windows. I have checked power plans and i disabled sleep mode. I have also checked under screensaver and the option that user is required to sign back in is disabled. Is there a way that users dont need to put the password in ?

The second problem is with launching a program called lockdown browser. Its always asking to put in administrator password when you try to launch it. How can i set up the program that it doesnt require a adminsitrator password to be launched ?

Thank you for you advices.

Best regards

Hello

To let programs always run as administrator, you can try the solution given here.

Although not recommended, you can prevent Windows from prompting for password by following the instructions given here.

In case of domain clients, you may also want to check password policies in the Default Domain Policy group policy.

Please report back if I misunderstood your question, and/or you want further explanation in this.

Cheers!!