Domain

Roger

Hi,

I have domainA win 2k server is it possible to add it as
a membre to an exiting win 2k server Domain Controller
domainB and how

after can I promote the domainA to be my initila Domain
controller

I hope any help

R.G

If I am reading this right....and there may be a couple of ways to read your
question... :)

You would first have to remove it from domainA, using dcpromo, this will
remove it from domainA.
Then once you add it into domainB you can run dcpromo again, this will
install it as a domain controller in domainB, you then need to transfer the
roles from the first domain controller to the recently promoted one.

--
Kyle Lang [MSFT]
This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Roger" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have domainA win 2k server is it possible to add it as
> a membre to an exiting win 2k server Domain Controller
> domainB and how
>
> after can I promote the domainA to be my initila Domain
> controller
>
> I hope any help
>
> R.G

Roger

Hi Kyle

I tried to remove the Active directory from Domain A but
I have the message the DomainA.com could not be contact
either no exist, in domain A I uncheked Global Catalog
and in domain B I run Ntdsutil.exe, to seize all the FSMO
to domain B from Domain A

Any help please

Are these 2 separate domains ? (domainA and domainB)

--

> Hi Kyle
>
> I tried to remove the Active directory from Domain A but
> I have the message the DomainA.com could not be contact
> either no exist, in domain A I uncheked Global Catalog
> and in domain B I run Ntdsutil.exe, to seize all the FSMO
> to domain B from Domain A
>
> Any help please

Roger

Hi Kyle,

No the two domain are connected with a router, Accutally
I'm very depressed so I reformat the domainB and know I
have to configure it again:

Please can you check if I use the good setup:

1- I have to give for the new Domain Controller a static
IP, and the DNS address (IP) of the Domain A --from the
TCP/IP properties

2 - I have to configure the Routing and Remote Access to
let the Domain A be able to contact Domain B

3 - I have to install Domain B as an Additional Domain of
Domain A

4 - Installing and configure the DNS server on domain B
But did I have to give it the same DSN name server as
Domain A

5 - Run Ntdutil.exe on domain B

6 - dcpromo.exe on domain A

7 - Domain A will be a member of domain B

Is this ok or no?

Thanks very much Kyle

Roger

I guess I am a little confused with what you are doing. If these are 2
separate domains, then you first must remove Domain A from the domain it
belongs in now. You then add it to domain B as a member server then you can
dcpromo it to a DC in domain b.