Question Don’t know how to make the D-RGB fans work.

Nov 8, 2019
So i have had this build for a couple of weeks now, and i’ve overcome all the problems i have had. Although the RGB fans i just cannot get to work. The cables came with the case and i’m using the Phanteks Eclipse P400A. I just need to figure out where this cable would plug into. If you need any more info i could give it, thanks!
image0.jpg
image0.jpg

Nov 8, 2019
That looks like a common proprietary Phanteks RGB connector.
What's at the other end of that cable? Phanteks RGB fan? If so, then it connects to the digital RGB controller which is built-in to your case.

Do read the case manual though,
link: http://www.phanteks.com/assets/manuals/PH-EC400ATG.pdf
Hey its been a while but I gave up on working on the pc for a while until today. I connected the other end of that wire but I dont know where that part in the picture above goes still!

Nov 8, 2019
I did ask what was at the other end of that cable and you failed to state that. Without knowing it, all i can do is guesswork.

Is that cable an extender, having connectors on both end? Yes? No?
Is there a fan at the other end of that cable? Yes? No?
Is there something else at the other end of that cable? Yes? No?
The other end looks like the end of this cable at the bottom of the image, with the 4 holes. thats all the wire is, it has the top of the image i showed above, and the end of the wire looks exactly like the end of this wire. Sorry I never specified before.
iu

Nov 8, 2019
also my case has a wire that seems to plus into the end of this that says D_RGB fan, but then i cant find where the side in the first picture on this thread leads. Ive never gotten my RGB fans to work, theyve just been orange colored.

Nov 8, 2019
also the wire in the case that says D_RGB fan that seems to plug in to the wire im struggling with, has only 3 pins. But it still seems to fit with the 4 holes fine, the ends are even the same shape.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
What is your MoBo make and model?
Since the cable, which has been now properly identified, is used to connect your RGB hub to MoBo, so that you can have software control over your fan LEDs.

Also, your PC case is P400A RGB with Digital-RGB controller not the regular P400A, right?

If so, then the cable in question should be labelled: "M/B D-RGB 3 pin" and it's connectors are for:
  • side with 3x round holes connects to your MoBo RGB header that has 3 pins.
  • rectangular side connects to the RGB hub on your case.

Wire/connector labelled "D_RGB fan" is to connect additional fans/LED strips, if you have them.

Oh, to control your LEDs without connecting the wire to MoBo, there are 2x buttons, just under the lip of your front panel.
Also shown here at 2m39s,

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6rzR2ZQ3cc#t=2m38s

Nov 8, 2019
I have the X570 Aorus Elite, and also yes it is the RGB version of the case. But how do I make those buttons at the top of my case change the RGB? I press them and the fans stay the same color. Which wire do I have to mess with? Sorry im very new to this.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Well, to get the LEDs lit up, they must be connected to the built-in RGB controller. As of why you can't change LED modes/color from the front panel buttons - that i don't know. My best guess would be that the front panel button is dead. Here, only front I/O replacement would fix this. Though, you need to contact Phanteks customer support about your issue so that Phanteks can send you a new front panel I/O if it is broken.

Phanteks contact info, look under Customer Care: http://www.phanteks.com/contact-us.html