[SOLVED] Don’t know what system to get HELP!!!!!!

Solution
The i7-8700 should outperform the Ryzen 7 2700 in Revit. Looking at the results from Peugot Systems. The Ryzen 7 2700 should be about equal to a Ryzen 7 1700x and the i7-8600 should land slightly higher than an i7-7800x. Taking that into consideration the i7 shows marked improvement over the i7 in several tests. Rendering is nearly identical but the i7 will hold an advantage in everything else in Revit.

GPU wise. Revit makes little or no use of the GPU it is CPU bound according to Pugetsystems. So that choice doesn't matter. A modest GPU is plenty for viewing, panning and rotating with decent FPS. Puget mentions the Quadro P2000 as plenty. The GTX 1060...

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
Well, wouldnt really buy any of those since they clearly have good specs for gaming. The ryzen pc should be fine i guess (for value at least and it's powerful).

Edit: Could you send me a link of your program (the website of course) so that i could check the spec requirements?

The i7-8700 should outperform the Ryzen 7 2700 in Revit. Looking at the results from Peugot Systems. The Ryzen 7 2700 should be about equal to a Ryzen 7 1700x and the i7-8600 should land slightly higher than an i7-7800x. Taking that into consideration the i7 shows marked improvement over the i7 in several tests. Rendering is nearly identical but the i7 will hold an advantage in everything else in Revit.

GPU wise. Revit makes little or no use of the GPU it is CPU bound according to Pugetsystems. So that choice doesn't matter. A modest GPU is plenty for viewing, panning and rotating with decent FPS. Puget mentions the Quadro P2000 as plenty. The GTX 1060 is its desktop analogue. Which should be fine as it isn't doing anything beyond viewing the model. I don't think you will suffer much using a non-Quadro GPU.

A lot of the recommendations on RAM start at 16GB. 32GB if you are running something like 3DS Max at the same time. The same would be true if you just have a lot of open tabs in your browser.

If you were willing to DIY. You could get something better tailored to your needs. Such as a large NVMe SSD, 32GB RAM and 8 Core i9 for a few hundred more.

This build has a large NVMe SSD and slightly faster CPU. Given the large NVMe SSD. You'll have room for all your software. It should outperform either HP. It is also much more upgrade friendly.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bjBdRJ

Solution