Don buy this case!!!!!

Nitrom

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2004
I purchased a very good looking case that actually is a lemon of a case at New Egg...and I am surprised that New Egg is not showing the review I wrotte about this case.

I am referring to the POWMAX DEMON II ATX case.

If you read the reviews they have at New Egg...all five of them are excellent and New Egg for some reason hides the bad revies.

This case is made out of beer can material...so flimsy that just by removing the side panels they get out of shape(the panels).

But the worst part is that the wiring for the front panel connections were configured wrong by the manufacturer and had a hell of a time re configuring all out....(connectors with wrong markings).

Another problem is when I had to install the sound card and the Network Card...just by the normal pressure applied to insert the cards you can see how the plate where the motherboard rests...bends downwards in a very bad way until it literally touches the side panel.

A bad thing from NEW EGG to show this case as having a side panel door....IT IS NOT!!!! because the side panel is attached with screws.

This is the case....which looks so good on the advertising:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-145-062&depa=1

RichPLS

Champion
For $40 the quality is about par for the course... If you want a fancy case with plexiglass, designs and expect a decent quality one, expect to pay more.
If you do not go for the bling, you can get a descent case for $40 tho...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
why would you buy that case anyway. look where they want you to put the rear fan. just by that fact i can tell you the case is junk. are those spaces for 60 mm fans there by the atx backplate?

go tell your alien brothers, that ronnie cordova says they're gay!!! <A HREF="http://sockbaby.com" target="_new"> sock baby </A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jihiggs on 03/26/05 11:29 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Nitrom

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2004
The spaces are for 80mm fans.

What surprises me in a big way is the attitude of NEWEGG.COM because in this particular case they are not allowing negative reviews and only showing the "excellent" reviews written probably by ppl connected to the manufacturer.
By showing only excellent reviews and hiding the negative ones, NEWEGG is missrepresenting this product.

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Eh, that case is just a good example of you get what you pay for. Cases are mostly judged on fashion not function anyway so if you really really like the way it looks you will likely give it props no matter what.
I on the other hand I like function, that is why I shelled out over $200 for a lianli pc-v1200b. Which as an added bonus looks damned nice.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

RichPLS

Champion
<A HREF="http://www.directron.com/201tblk.html" target="_new"> Alum SuperFlower 201-T </A> is the best custom case I have bought. Love it, and about 4 years old but looks new. Has slide out mobo tray, removable drive cage for 4 HD's, front and rear usb and firewire connections all tool free.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
That looks just like a Lian-Li PC-6 series case. No wonder it is so good, it is copied from the best :)

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
You failed to mention that the worst part is: It didn't come full of beer.

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>

rahimiv

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2003
I paid 650NT (about 20USD) for a case, it was flimsy as hell, motherboard mounting studs didnt fit, back panel dented just trying to knock out the slots and io plate. Yep you do get what you paid for... the superflower is so much better, 1mm Al construction, and it doesnt cost quite as much as lian li

function9

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
Which case did you buy? The url you posted takes you to their whole line. Is it the one with the gaudy window and annoying lights with all those ornaments all over the place? Oh wait...

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
I have postd reviews that took 6 days to show up... None where negative though.

<font color=red>"Battling Gimps and Dimbulbs HERE at THGC"</font color=red>

"<font color=blue> Wusy</font color=blue> <-Professional sheep banger"
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Clob on 08/26/05 04:06 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
We all know about PowMax.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
1.8 hours!
Exactly how long it takes for the rig to become obsolete...

So...did you study Computers by Braille to get that good?

....WW (5.1)